My Blog List

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Reflection on Game Plan


My game plan consisted of setting goals that involved learning more about the content standards that are required to be taught. As I reviewed the ISTE standards for teachers, it was quite easy to recognize my strengths and weaknesses. As an educator, it is imperative to be able to recognize where one needs help and be able to revise and make accommodations needed in order to help each student grow in learning. Dr. Peggy Ertmer, helped me to recognize the variables of Integrating Technology effectively. They are as follows, knowledge of the computer, being confident with technology experience, believing that students will have the desire to want to interact with content or standard that is being taught, and having supportive culture, wherein I am able to collaborate with colleagues on various views of that which will be beneficial. This is vital in accomplishing various tasks in order for students to be able to grow in learning (Laureate Education, Inc., 2009).

Any immediate adjustments that I will make to my instructional practice regarding technology integration to my content areas will be to incorporate more of the social networking and online collaboration. I am a firm believer that we learn from each other. Therefore collaboration plays a vital role in the success of colleagues learning from each other and student's growth in learning. Another adjustment would be to incorporate the digital story books that will help students to develop a sense of different methods that will help them to complete various task as they approach them in this life.

Reference:


Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Integrating technology across the content areas: Enriching content area learning experiences with technology, part 1. Baltimore, MD: Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment