My Blog List

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Monitoring Game Plan Progress

In order to accomplish my GAME plan, I have spoken with several of my colleagues about various strategies that are reliable sources. However, accomplishing any goal can be a very difficult or simple task. It all depends on how research is done. Some of the resources that I am gathering are very helpful while others are not. Thus far, I have taken action and developing a list of what all it will take in order to master the goal set before me. There are several YouTube videos that are being searched to help with integrating technology into my lesson. The ISTE Standards for Teachers discusses in indicator (1) (d), the modeling of collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments (ISTE, 2008). One way of improving my ability professionally is to model and demonstrate the effective use of technology tools and information is through research. It is essential to prepare the materials for the students, along with the technology tool to be used, the computer and their knowledge of using a computer in order to complete such lesson plan that includes technology learning experiences (Cennamo, Ross & Ertmer, 2009).  Monitoring each step that I implement in accomplishing my goal for my GAME plan will be vital in student’s growth in learning. This is important because of the 21st Century skills that are being introduced for students to be able to move forward in learning various concepts through technology and not just on paper.
References:
International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National education standards for teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/PDFs/NETS_for_Teachers_2008_EN.sflb.

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2010). Technology integration for meaningful classroom
            use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    I have also taken the time to speak with my colleagues to see if they have any suggestions and/or advice about where I should start and focus. I also use YouTube and find some pretty great videos that give me some neat-looking ideas that I try with my own students. Have you looked at the Teaching Channel (https://www.teachingchannel.org)? There are a TON of really great video links on this site and many of them also have lesson plans or other resources attached that can be printed and used in your instruction. The Teaching Channel also focuses on the Common Core, so that particular site has been VERY helpful this year for me.be is also a really great video resource that I use in my classroom regularly. I also regularly search for resources on TeachersPayTeachers. Some of the resources are a bit expensive, but every resource I have paid for and/or downloaded have been extremely worth the time and cost. Why reinvent the wheel, right? :)

    Good luck with your GAME plan! It sounds like you are off to a great start!

    -Travis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Travis! In all things that we do as educators is time consuming and adventurous. I do not mind paying the cost that will be beneficial in helping a student learn, because most students learn in various ways. Having the proper strategies is key in helping the student achieve learning in my opinion.

      Have a good week!

      Michelle R. Person

      Delete
  2. Hello Michelle,
    In regard to your achieving your goal, it looks like you are off to a great start and are making steady progress. After reading your latest blog, I immediately began to think of Common Craft. The Common Craft web site has an incredible amount of explanatory videos in its video library. The video library can be accessed at this link: http://www.commoncraft.com/videolist They deal with not only educational tasks, but several other topis including money and society. Another good resource you may or may not have heard of is Teacher Tube. This web site can be accessed at : http://www.teachertube.com/ This web site is a definite spoof of You Tube, but contains all teacher material. Most of the material is created by teachers and uploaded to help others in classrooms around the world. I know that I have definitely found good, sound professional advice and information in both of these resources. Maybe they will do the same for you. -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ryan:

      Thank so much for the sharing about Common Craft. This is a new website for me and very helpful in helping my students to learn. Have a good week!

      Michelle R. Person

      Delete