My Blog List

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

GAME PLAN

Looking over the ISTE Standards for teachers, I could easily identify my strengths versus my weaknesses. Indicator #1 Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity and indicator #5 Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership are my areas of strength. The other three indicators are areas of weakness and need improving. In developing a GAME plan, I would focus more on my weak areas in order to better understand technology and its use within the classroom. One must know the components that a GAME plan consist of in order to develop such a plan (ISTE, 2008).

A Game plan consist of setting Goals which involves learning more about the content standards that is required to be taught. Next is taking Action to master those goals. Monitoring my development towards reaching those goals and then reflecting or evaluating the forcefulness of the learning procedure and learning results. In order for me to be confident in developing a game plan that will be successful in overcoming the weakness of the three indicators listed in the ISTE standards for teachers, I have to take action, become knowledgeable with the variables discussed by Dr. Peggy Ertmer. She discussed four (4) variables of Integrating Technology Effectively which requires: 1) Knowledge that I must possess some technology skills, 2) Confidence, having experience with technology that is successful 3)Beliefs, caring whether the students will interact with the content or standard being introduced. 4) Supportive Culture, collaborating with co-workers about content and elaborating on the various views that will be taken into consideration (Laureate Education, Inc., 2009).

The areas of the ISTE standards that I am not strong deals overall with designing, promoting and modeling digital age work. This is where I need to focus more because of our 21st Century learners, it will be imperative to learn and grow with them in learning the new technology tools for enhancing learning.

References:

International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National education standards for teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/PDFs/NETS_for_Teachers_2008_EN.sflb.

Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Integrating technology across the content areas: Enriching content area learning experiences with technology, part 1. Baltimore, MD: Author.



No comments:

Post a Comment